Iowa State Travels To Texas A&M
AMES, Iowa - The Iowa State men's basketball team travels to Texas A&M on Saturday, Jan. 7. Tipoff is set for 3 p.m. on the Big 12 Network.
Who: Iowa State (11-3, 0-0) at Texas A&M (9-4, 0-1)
Where: College Station, Texas - Reed Arena (12,989)
When: Saturday, Jan. 7, 3 p.m. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (PxP), Eric Heft (Color)
TV: Big 12 Network/ESPN3
Talent: Brad Sham (PxP), Reid Gettys (Color)
Iowa Affiliates: WOI (Ames/Des Moines), KFXA (Cedar Rapids/Waterloo), KPTH-DT2 (Sioux City)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at aggieathletics.com.
Live Blog: Mike Green, associate director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.
- Iowa State (11-3, 1-0), winners of six-straight, will travel to Texas A&M (9-4, 0-1) on Saturday...Iowa State has lost the last five meetings to the Aggies in College Station.
- Texas A&M has won the last eight games in the series...ISU's last win vs. the Aggies was on Feb. 24, 2004, 91-82 in Ames.
- Iowa State ended a seven-game losing streak to Texas on Wednesday, defeating the Longhorns, 77-71 for the first time since Feb. 5, 2005.
- The win also halted ISU's four-game Big 12-opener losing skid, as the Cyclones were victorious in the league opener for the first time since defeating Missouri, 66-65 in 2007.
- ISU drilled 10 3-pointers vs. UT, its seventh double-digit trey total of the season.
- Iowa State is aiming for a 2-0 start in the Big 12 for the fifth time in school history: 1996-97, 1999-2000, 2003-04, 2006-07.
- Sophomore guard Bubu Palo is out 6-8 weeks with a fractured wrist.
- Senior Chris Allen needs seven points (993) to reach 1,000 points in his career.