Roger Watts is one of the most decorated athletes in Iowa State history, winning 10 conference individual titles and earning All-America honors nine times as a member of the Iowa State swimming team from 1947-50. Watts was a four-time conference champion in the 220-yard freestyle and 440-yard freestyle. He added Big Seven titles in the 1,500-meter freestyle in 1949 and 1950. A native of Des Moines, Watts won multiple All-America honors all four years he competed. He finished fifth in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the 1949 NCAA Championship. Watts helped Iowa State win three conference titles (1947-49) and led the Cyclones into a tie for seventh at the 1948 NCAA Championship.
- 10-time conference champion.
- Nine-time All-American in the 220-yard freestyle, 440-yard freestyle and 1,500-meter freestyle.
- Finished fifth in the 1,500-meter at the 1949 NCAA Championship.
- Broke six conference records while at Iowa State.
- Led Iowa State to conference swimming titles in 1947, 1948 and 1949.
- Helped Iowa State tie for seventh at the 1948 Championship.