Cyclones to Host Boston University in Home Opener
More from Cyclones.tv
Iowa State will then host the Harold Nichols Open on Saturday at the Bergstrom Indoor Facility. The doors open at 9 a.m. and wrestling will begin at 10 a.m. Admission is $5 for kids 12 and under and $10 for adults.
Thurs., Nov. 11 – 7 p.m.
Ames, Iowa – Hilton Coliseum
Live Stats available at cyclones.com
Live video is available via the Clone Zone at cyclones.com.
Harold Nichols Open
Sat., Nov. 13 – All day
Ames, Iowa – Bergstrom Indoor Facility
• Iowa State’s matchup with Boston University Thursday will be the 2010-11 home-opener for the Cyclones.
• The Cyclones are coming off of a road-trip to Salem, Va. in which they defeated two higher-ranked teams.
• Jerome Ward defeated Virginia Tech’s Chris Penny 6-4 to win the dual for Iowa State 17-16.
• Iowa State’s Jon Reader racked up two technical falls and two pins en route to a Hokie Open championship.
• Matt Gibson reeled off four straight victories on his way to his first tournament championship as a Cyclone.
• Chris Drouin defeated returning All-American of Chris Diaz of Virginia Tech by a score of 2-1 in the dual.
• Junior heavyweight Kyle Simonson kicked off a 23-19 victory over Kent State by pinning 13th ranked Brandon Barlow.
• Boston University is coached by former Iowa State two-time NCAA champion Carl Adams.
Iowa State vs. Boston University Notes
Iowa State leads in the all-time series against Boston University, 5-0
Iowa State last defeated Boston University Nov. 7, 2003 in Ames, Iowa, 22-14
Scouting Boston University
• The Terriers are 2-2 in dual competition. They defeated Bridgewater State and Southern Maine.
• Boston University is coached by former Cyclone two-time national champion Carl Adams. Coach Adams won national titles for the Cyclones in 1971 and 1972.
• 133-pounder Fred Santaite fell one match short of becoming an All-American at 125-pounds at the 2010 NCAA Championship.
• Santaite sent former national champion Troy Nickerson of Cornell to the bottom half of the bracket with a 2-1 victory.
• The junior from Upper Saddle, N.J. has posted a 4-0 record so far this season.