AMES, Iowa - The Iowa State women's basketball team returns to the floor Sunday when it hosts North Dakota at Hilton Coliseum. Tipoff is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 23
Iowa State vs. Loyola Marymount, 1:30 p.m. (CST)
Tulsa vs. Illinois, 3:45 p.m. (CST)
Saturday, Nov. 24
Iowa State will play 9 a.m. (CST) against either Tulsa or Illinois
Game two will immediately follow first game
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP), Molly Parrott (Color)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at cyclones.com.
Live Blog: Matt Shoultz, assistant director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.
- Iowa State improved to 2-0 with a 73-34 win over North Dakota Sunday afternoon. The Cyclones had four players in double-digits in the game, led by career highs from Brynn Williamson (17) and Emiah Bingley (16).
- The Cyclones shot 56.9 percent from the field, its first time over 50 percent since Dec. 20, 2011 (Northern Iowa). On the defensive end, Iowa State held North Dakota to 17.2 percent shooting. The Cyclones held UND scoreless for the first 6:11 of the game.
- Iowa State will look to improve to 3-0 for the third season in a row when it faces Loyola Marymount in the opening round of the Junkanoo Jam on the Grand Bahama Island. The Cyclones will face either Illinois or Tulsa in the second game.
- ISU last participated in the Junkanoo Jam in 2005, where it lost to NC State in the first round before defeating North Florida to finish in third place. Brittany Wilkins was named to the all-tournament team after averaging 19.5 points in two games.
- Freshman Emiah Bingley ranks among the Big 12’s top-three rookies in points (11.0), steals (3.5) and assists (6.0).
- Iowa State leads the Big 12 in scoring margin (+29.0) and scoring defense (49.5). The Cyclones are also holding opponents to 30.8 percent shooting, the lowest mark in the league.
- Chelsea Poppens is in a familiar position early this season, leading the Big 12 with 11.5 rebounds per game. The average includes 5.5 offensive boards per game.
- Since starting the season 0-for-10 from behind the arc, Iowa State has connected on 20 of its last 39 three-point attempts (51.3 percent).
- Poppens’ 15 rebounds and Bingley’s 11 assists still remain the league’s best performances in those categories.
- Poppens moved past Tracy Gahan into fifth on the school’s all-time rebounds list. She currently has 824 career boards and needs 49 to pass Jayme Olson for fourth.
- EspnW has listed Poppens among the top-five power forwards in the nation.
- The Cyclones have won 67-straight regular season nonconference games at Hilton Coliseum. The streak dates back to the 2003-04 season (Last loss: Washington (12/21/03)).
- Iowa State is 1-0 all-time against Loyola Marymount, defeating the Lions 71-55 in a 2006-07 Cyclone Challenge game. Lyndsey Medders scored a team-high 21 points in the win and Toccara Ross grabbed eight boards.
- The Cyclones are 9-4 against foes from the West Coast Conference.
- Bill Fennelly is 6-2 all-time against the West Coast Conference.
- Iowa State is 5-2 against Illinois, with the last meeting coming in 2000 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Cyclones have never played Tulsa.
For complete information on the game, click the Notes link in the box at the top of the story.