Iowa State And West Virginia Prepare For First Meeting
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State (11-4, 1-1) and West Virginia (8-7, 1-2) will meet for the first time Wednesday on ESPN2. Iowa State boasts one of the nation's best homecourt winning streaks at 16 games, which currently ties for the 10th-best active homecourt winning streak in the nation.
Where: Ames, Iowa - Hilton Coliseum (14,376)
When: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 p.m. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (PxP), Eric Heft (Color)
Talent: Bob Wischusen (PxP), Stephen Bardo (Color)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at Cyclones.com.
Live Blog: Mike Green, associate director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.
- Iowa State (11-4, 1-1) and West Virginia (8-7, 1-2) will meet for the first time Wed. on ESPN2.
- Iowa State boasts one of the nation's best homecourt winning streaks at 16 games, which currently ties for the 10th-best active homecourt winning streak in the nation. It also ranks as the fourth-best homecourt winning streak in school history.
- Iowa State also owns an eight-game Big 12 homecourt winning streak, tying for the fourth-best league homecourt winning streak in school history. The last time Iowa State lost at home was against Missouri (76-69) on Jan. 11, 2012.
- Iowa State is one of the nation's highest scoring teams, leading the Big 12 and ranking sixth nationally in points per game at 82.5. ISU has scored 80 points or more 11 times this year. ISU is second in the nation in scoring among BCS teams (Indiana- 87.1 ppg).
- Iowa State is the ONLY team in the nation to score at least 70 points in every game this year.
- Iowa State leads the Big 12 and ranks third nationally in 3-pointers per game (9.5), connecting on 10 or more treys eight times this season and in three of the last four games. ISU led the Big 12 and ranked in the top-13 nationally in the first two seasons of the Fred Hoiberg era.
- ISU made 10 or more 3-pointers in both Big 12 games, averaging 12.5 3-pointers per game in league action. Six of the top eight single-game 3-pointers made performances in school history have occurred in the three-year Fred Hoiberg era.
- Iowa State is 10-0 on the season when outshooting its opponent and reaching 40 points first.
- Tyrus McGee leads the Big 12 in both 3-pointers per game (3.0) and 3-point percentage (48.4 pct.), ranking 11th nationally in 3-point percentage and 19th in the nation in 3-pfg pg.
- Melvin Ejim leads the Big 12 in rebounding (9.3) and is tied for first in double-doubles (6). He is the Big 12's active leader in career double-doubles with 13.