Cyclone Seniors Brought Back The "Magic"
AMES, Iowa - Wednesday will be the final time six Iowa State seniors will put on an Iowa State uniform at Hilton Coliseum. Will Clyburn, Korie Lucious, Chris Babb, Tyrus McGee, Anthony Booker and Austin McBeth will get their final taste of "Hilton Magic" when the Cyclones play host to No. 13 Oklahoma State in Hilton Coliseum.
It's a very unique group to say the least. Of the six seniors, only McBeth competed as a Cyclone more than two seasons, and he joined the team as a walk-on in the middle of the 2010-11 campaign.
All six began their collegiate careers at other schools, but their journey will culminate at Iowa State, where they formed a bond as strong as oak and helped initiate the re-birth of "Hilton Magic."
Five of the six seniors are in their fifth season of eligibility, and three of them (Babb, Booker and McBeth) have already earned their diplomas from Iowa State. Clyburn, Lucious and McGee are on target to graduate in the spring or summer.
Iowa State owes a lot to this group. The Cyclones are back on the national map thanks to their efforts. ISU made its first NCAA Tournament appearance in seven seasons a year ago and the team is in contention for its second-straight NCAA berth again this year.
Iowa State is 31-3 in Hilton Coliseum in the last two seasons.
Click on the link above to watch a Cyclones.tv tribute to the 2013 Iowa State senior class.
Thank you, seniors!
Babb Season Highlights
- Started all 61 games he's played in his Iowa State career.
- Had an 18-game streak of making a 3-pointer end vs. Baylor, tying for the 6th-best string in ISU history.
- Is 27-of-57 (47.3 pct.) from downtown in his last 10 games.
- Averaging 2.0 3-pointers per game to rank sixth in the Big 12.
- Averaging 2.3 3-pointers per game in league play to rank fourth in the Big 12.
- Shooting 40.0 pct. from 3-point range (36-90 3FG) in league play to rank sixth in the Big 12.
- Made 119 treys in his Cyclone career to rank 10th in school history.
- Has 210 3-pointers in his overall career.
- Made a 3-pointer in 51 of his 61 career games at Iowa State.
- Scored a season-high 19 points on 5-of-6 shooting from 3-point range at Oklahoma State.
- Was 4-of-5 from 3-point range vs. Oklahoma.
- Tallied 17 points vs. Texas Tech on 5-of-9 shooting from downtown.
McBeth Season Highlights
- Joined the team as a walk-on in Jan. of 2011.
- Was a member of the football team as a walk-on quarterback in 2010.
- One of four walk-ons (Cameron Fowler, Aaron Law, Tyler Ellerman) on the team.
- Graduated from Iowa State in the summer of 2012.
- Played in 19 games in his ISU career.
Lucious Season Highlights
- Team co-captain.
- Started all 29 games, averaging 10.0 points.
- Ranks second in the Big 12 and 30th nationally in assists (5.6).
- Third in the Big 12 (conf. only) in assists (5.8), handing out 5 or more dimes in 12 Big 12 games.
- Has 37 career games with five or more assists, including 20 this season.
- His 163 assists on the season, ranking 17th in ISU history.
- Had a 1.4 a/t ratio in non-conference play, but is posting a 2.1 a/t ratio in league games to rank fourth in the Big 12.
- Recorded eight or more assists nine times.
- Made a 3-pointer in 24 of 29 games and has made two or more treys in a game 18 times.
- Ranks eighth in the Big 12 in 3-pointers per game at 1.9.
- Handed out seven or more assists in six of 16 Big 12 games (Texas-9, West Virginia-8, Kansas St.-8, Oklahoma State-7, Oklahoma-8, Texas-11).
- Recorded 150 3-pointers in his career.
- Handed out nine assists vs. Campbell, BYU, Florida Gulf Coast and Texas.
- Recorded 17 points, nine assists and made a career-high five 3-pointers vs. Florida Gulf Coast.
- Tallied 15 points and eight assists vs. West Virginia.
- Tied a career high with 11 assists at Texas.
- Poured in a career-high 23 points vs. Kansas.
Clyburn Season Highlights
- Leads the team and ranks sixth in the Big 12 in scoring (14.6); ranks second on the team and fifth in the league in rebounding (7.1).
- Clyburn and OU's Romero Osby are the only two players in the Big 12 ranked in the top-6 in the league in both scoring and rebounding.
- Three-time Big 12 RoW winner.
- Scored in double figures in 22 of 29 games to rank second on the team.
- Has 14 career double-doubles and 95 treys in two seasons.
- Has six double-doubles on the season.
- Has 48 career games scoring in double figures and 17 20-point games in his career.
- Second on the team with five 20+ games.
- Averaging 15.1 points and 6.9 rebounds in league action, ranking seventh in both scoring and rebounding in the Big 12.
- Tallied a double-double in his first ISU game with 16 points and 10 boards vs. Southern.
- Registered a double-double at UNLV, tallying 21 points and a career-high 15 rebounds.
- Scored a career-high 32 points and made four 3-pointers vs. BYU to earn Big 12 Rookie of the Week honors (Dec. 3).
- Tallied 24 points, 10 rebounds in win over No. 11 KSU to earn Big 12 RoW honors (Jan. 24).
- Posted 28 points and 10 boards vs. Baylor to earn Big 12 RoW honors (Feb. 4).
Booker Season Highlights
- Graduated from Iowa State in the summer of 2012.
- Started nine games, averaging 3.4 points and 3.0 rebounds.
- Tied an ISU best with 11 points vs. Southern, Omaha and UMKC.
- Has five games with two or more blocks.
McGee Season Highlights
- Tied with Syracuse's James Southerland for the best scoring avg. (13.8) nationally among sixth-men from a school in a power-six league.
- Averaging 13.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 24.5 mpg.
- Scored in double figures 23 times, including 22 times from off the bench.
- Has a team-high six 20-point games.
- Averaging 18.6 points and shooting 58.5 pct. from the field (48-82 FG) and 57.1 pct. (28-49 3FG) from 3-point range in last seven games.
- Scored 22 points and tallied six 3-pointers in each of his last two games (12-19 3FG, 63.2 pct.).
- Leads the Big 12 in both 3-pointers per game (2.9) and 3-point percentage (47.0 percent), ranking second nationally in 3-point pct. and 23rd in the nation in 3-pointers per game.
- Made a 3-pointer in 27 of 28 games and has made three or more treys in 19 games and four or more in 10 games.
- His 20-game streak of making a trey ended vs. Baylor, the fourth-best string in school history.
- Has 33 games with multiple 3-pointers in his career, including 13 with four or more.
- Owns a career 43.8 pct. (135-308 3FG) from 3-point range, the 2nd-best pct. in ISU history.
- His season 47.0 percent clip is on pace to rank No. 2 in school history and his 85 treys this year ranks sixth on ISU's single-season record chart.
- Ranks sixth in career 3-pointers at ISU with 135.
- Led ISU with 18 points (6-9 FG; 4-6 3FG) vs. Alabama A&M...also had a career-high three steals.
- Named to the Global Sports Classic All-Tournament team, avg. 16.5 ppg and 3.3 treys in 4 games.
- Scored 17 of his 20 points in the second half vs. UMKC, tying his career high in 3-pointers by going 6-of-9 from 3-point range.
- Tallied 21 points vs. Texas, making five 3-pointers and tallying a career-high eight field goals.
- Tied a career-high 22 points (8-11 FG) in ISU's win at Baylor and equaled his career high with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting from downtown vs. Kansas.
- Posted 22 points and six treys (6-9 3FG) at Oklahoma.