No. 24 Iowa State Travels to TCU Saturday
Live video will be available on a subscription basis on gofrogs.com. Live stats will also be available, and cyclones.com will host a live blog during the match.
- No. 24 Iowa State will be looking to get back on its feet agaisnt TCU Saturday. The Cyclones saw their seven-game winning streak come to an end in Hilton Coliseum against No. 22 Kansas.
- The Cyclones fell into the Jayhawks in four sets Wednesday night as errors plagued the ISU effort. The Cyclones committed 32 attack errors and 12 service errors while hitting only .167 in attack.
- Tory Knuth was a bright spot for the Cyclone attack, recording a career-high 15 kills at a career-best .542 hitting percentage. Knuth also led the ISU block against KU with a solo block and three block assists.
- Kristen Hahn continues to be one of the best liberos in the coutnry. The senior leads the Big 12 and is ranked fourth nationally with 5.77 digs per set.
- Hahn has won the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week Award five times this season and a record 17 times in her career.
- Iowa State has been one of the best serving teams in the country. The Cyclones, as they have for the entirety of the 2013 season, lead the Big 12 in service aces per set (1.76 per set) and are the leaders in total aces in spite of playing the second-fewest sets in the league this year.
- Iowa State’s serving is now garnering the attention of the NCAA rankings. Going into this week’s matches, the Cyclones rank fifth in the country in aces per set. The Big 12’s leading server, Tory Knuth, ranks 12th nationally.
- ISU has four of the top 10 servers in the Big 12 at its disposal. Middle blocker Tory Knuth leads the Big 12 at 0.44 aces per set, Ciara Capezio ranks fourth at 0.35 aces per set and Kristen Hahn and Caitlin Nolan are tied for ninth at 0.27 aces per set.
- Six of Iowa State’s seven losses have come to teams with an RPI in the top-25. Those losses were to Texas (No. 1), Nebraska (No. 6), Kansas (No. 11), Illinois (No. 17), San Diego (No. 19) and Oklahoma (No. 22). At No. 51 in the RPI, St. Mary’s is ISU’s other loss in 2013.
- TCU comes into Saturday’s match with a 15-13 overall record, 3-10 in the Big 12.
- The Horned Frogs has a bye on Wednesday, previously playing last Saturday when they were swept at West Virginia.
- In that match, the Frogs were led by right side Stephanie Holland, who had 11 kills at a .588 hitting percentage.
- TCU has three hitters with a hitting percentage over .300 on the season. Yvonne Igodan has 2.62 kps at a .312 hitting percentage, Natalie Gower 1.84 kps at a .309 hitting percentage and Holland with 2.33 kps at a .302 hitting percentage.
- The Horned Frogs are second behind the Cyclones in aces per set with 1.22. TCU has played 18 more sets than ISU this year, but has 24 fewer service aces.
- TCU is one of the best-drawing teams in the Big 12, averaging 1,307 fans per match.
- Iowa State leads the all-time series 3-0 over TCU. The Cyclones have never dropped a set to the Frogs.
- In the first match on Oct. 26 in Ames, Iowa State recorded 13 service aces to overwhelm TCU in a sweep.