2012-13 Letterwinner Events and Reunions
Iowa State University Athletics Hall of Fame has been established to formally recognize outstanding individual and team achievements while preserving the heritage and tradition of the Iowa State University’s intercollegiate athletics program. The Hall of Fame display is located in the Jacobson Building.
Eligibility for membership in the Iowa State University Athletic Hall of Fame shall be restricted to those individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Must have brought significant distinction to his/herself and to Iowa State University because of successful athletic endeavors.
- Must be a representative example of Iowa State University’s concept of the dedicated individual who demonstrates high qualities of character and leadership.
- Must be an individual who attained outstanding athletic accomplishments as a student-athlete, coach, or administrator as a representative of Iowa State University or beyond.
Examples would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Named an All-American
- Won an individual national championship
- Set a world record
- Participated in the Olympic Games
- Led the nation or conference in a recognized statistical category
- Coached a conference or NCAA championship team
A period of fifteen years must have passed since an individual student-athlete, coach or administrator has ended his/her association with the Iowa State University athletic program. In the event a nominee has returned to the Iowa State University athletic program, the nominee continues to accrue time from the original departure date.
The fifteen-year waiting period will be waived if the coach or administrator ends his/her career in the Iowa State University athletic program. The individual will become eligible for induction five years following his/her retirement. In the event a nominee has returned to the Iowa State University athletic program, the nominee continues to accrue time from the original departure time. Under special circumstances, the committee may waive the five-year waiting period.
>> Nomination Form