A three-sport standout, Reece “Pinky” Greene was one of Iowa State’s finest athletes in the first part of the 20th century. The diminutive Greene (5-8, 145 pounds) made his biggest mark on the hardwood, where the Mt. Pleasant, Iowa native was named Missouri Valley player of the year and first-team all-league in 1923.
- Led Mt. Pleasant to back-to-back (1917 & 1918) state boy’s basketball prep titles
- Accounted for 57 percent of ISU’s team scoring while averaging 13.1 ppg in 1922-23
- Held single-season and career scoring marks in basketball upon graduation
- Earned Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year honors and was a first-team all-league selection in 1923
- Lettered in football in 1922 and was a standout track athlete, tying world-record holder Charlie Brookins in the 200 meters at the Drake Relays
- Inducted into the Des Moines Register’s Iowa Sports Hall of Fame in 1969