Phuntumabamrung 2nd, Cyclones 3rd At Lady Buckeye
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Iowa State women's golf team finished third at the Lady Buckeye Spring Invitational in Columbus, Ohio. Competing against a field which included five top-50 teams, the 37th-ranked Cyclones fired a 304 in the final round to post a three-round score of 921. Ohio State won the tournament at 894.
Iowa State's Punpaka Phuntumabamrung continued her excellent play in the final round, carding a 71 this afternoon to help her finish runner-up in the medalist race at 220. The junior now has two top-10 finishes on the year. Sophomore Prima Thammaraks fired a 233 to tie for 17th place and sophomore Sasikarn On-iam posted a 235 to tie for 25th.
The Cyclones will be back in action April 27-29 at the Big 12 Championships in Lawrence, Kan.
1. Ohio State 308-297-289=894
2. Michigan State 312-301-297=910
3. Iowa State 310-307-304=921
4. Baylor 320-299-305=924
5. Kent State 310-307-309=926
6. Northwestern 313-300-318=931
7. Minnesota 316-316-311=943
8. Iowa 325-313-312=953
10. Penn State 324-329-311=964
11. Illinois 330-319-321=970
Iowa State Scores
2.Punpaka Phuntumabamrung 77-72-71=220
T17.Prima Thammaraks 82-75-76=233
T25.Sasikarn On-iam 76-80-79=235
T29.Kristin Paulson 78-80-79=237
T48.Chonlada Chayanun 79-80-86=245
T52.Beth Wagner 88-82-78=248
1. Rachel Rohanna, Ohio State 75-69-68=212
2. Punpaka Phuntumabamrung, Iowa State 77-72-71=220
3. Kendall Prince, Ohio State 74-79-73=226