No. 42 Missouri Tops Iowa State 6-1
AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State women's tennis team fell to No. 42 Missouri Friday afternoon, falling 6-1 to the Tigers at the Forker Tennis Courts. It marked Mizzou’s first Big 12 win, improving the Tigers’ record to 9-8 overall and 1-4 in Big 12 action. Iowa State dropped to 3-15 overall and 0-5 in conference action.
Simona Cacciuttolo had a strong day of play despite the team loss. The junior from Los Andes, Chile provided Iowa State with its sole win of the day at No. 3 singles. She outlasted Maria Christiansen in a ten-point superbreak set, defeating the Tiger 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (9).
Cacciuttolo also snagged a win alongside senior teammate Marie-Christine Chartier at No. 2 doubles. The duo overpowered Alex Clark and Rachel Stuhlmann 8-5, despite the doubles point going in Mizzou’s favor.
Iowa State will conclude its home conference matches next weekend when the Cyclones play host to Kansas State Friday and Kansas Sunday afternoon.
1.Nina Pantic (MU) def. Maria Fernanda Macedo (ISU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Rachel Stuhlmann (MU) def. Ksenia Pronina (ISU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Simona Cacciuttolo (ISU) def. Maria Christiansen (MU) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (9)
4. Jamie Mera (MU) def. Meghan Cassens (ISU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Alex Clark (MU) def. Jenna Langhorst (ISU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Annemijn Koenin (MU) def. Marie-Christine Chartier (ISU) 3-6, 7-6 (7-5) 1-0 (7)
1.Mera/Pantic (MU) def. Macedo/Lang (ISU) 8-1
2.Cacciuttolo/Chartier (ISU) def. Clark/Stuhlmann (MU). 8-5
3.Christiansen/Koenen (MU) def. Pronina/Cassens (ISU) 8-3