No. 13 Baylor Tops Iowa State 4-0
WACO, Texas – Iowa State was blanked by No. 13 Baylor 4-0 Monday afternoon in the team's final Big 12 test for the Cyclones.
With regular conference matches wrapped up, Iowa State (4-19, 1-9 Big 12) will remain in Texas to prepare for the Big 12 Championships tournament later this week. The ninth-seeded Cyclones will face the No. 8 seed Missouri Tigers in the first round matchup at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center in College Station, Texas on Thursday, April 26 at 10 a.m.
Today's match finished up after the Lady Bears’ 4-0 lead secured the win for the home squad.
Though the doubles point had already been secured in Baylor’s favor, the Iowa State duo of Jenna Langhorst and Ksenia Pronina brought Iowa State it’s only win of the match at No. 3 doubles. The pair came back from an early deficit and bested Nicole Kosakowski and Meghan Horter in a close 8-7 contest.
Iowa State's Maria Macedo fell to Baylor's 24th-ranked Nina Sacerbegovic in straight sets at No. 1 singles. Ksenia Pronina dropped a 6-1, 6-1 decision to No. 12 Diana Nakic at No. 2 singles and Meghan Cassens fell to Ema Burgic at the No. 4 slot, 6-0, 6-2.
1. #24 Nina Secerbegovic (BU) def. Maria Macedo (ISU) 6-1, 6-2
2. #12 Diana Nakic (BU) def. Ksenia Pronina (ISU) 6-1, 6-1
3. #47 Sona Novakova (BU) vs. Simona Cacciuttolo (ISU) 6-2, 4-0 unf.
4. Ema Burgic (BU) def. Meghan Cassens (ISU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Megan Horter (BU) vs. Jenna Langhorst (ISU) 6-2, 5-0 unf.
6. Nicole Kosakowski (BU) vs. Marie-Christine Chartier (ISU) 6-2, 4-2
1. #17 Secerbegovic/Burgic (BU) def. Macedo/Lang (ISU) 8-1
2. Novakova/Nakic (BU) def. Cacciuttolo/Chartier (ISU) 8-3
3. Pronina/Langhorst (ISU) def. Kosakowski/Horter (BU) 8-7 (7-3)