Iowa State Back Home to Take on Kansas State
The match will be shown on Cyclones.tv and Cyclones.TV Powered by Mediacom. Live stats will be available through Cyclones.com and a live blog will be hosted during the match.
- Iowa State returns home for the first of two-straight home matches when the Cyclones take on Kansas State Wednesday night.
- After starting off Big 12 play with a 2-0 record, the Cyclones dropped its first conference match of the season at Oklahoma Saturday in five sets.
- The ISU attack was once again led in attack by Mackenzie Bigbee, who posted her second straight double-double with 18 kills and 11 digs. She was one of four players with double figures in kills and one of four with at least 10 digs.
- Bigbee has been on a tear as of late. In her last five matches, Bigbee has 74 kills with a .367 hitting percentage at 4.11 kills per set, 34 digs at 1.89 per set, the first four aces of her career and the first two double-doubles of her career.
- Kristen Hahn had a career-high 39 digs in the losing effort against the Sooners. She now ranks third in Iowa State history in career digs and ninth in Big 12 history.
- Four of Iowa State’s five losses have come to teams with an RPI in the top-25. Nebraska (No. 7) and San Diego (No. 8) are each in the top-10 with Oklahoma (No. 19) and Illinois (No. 22). ISU’s other loss is to RPI No. 40 St. Mary’s.
- The Cyclones also started the 2012 season 5-4 after nine matches. Iowa State went on to a 22-8 and made its fifth trip to the NCAA Regional Semifinals in the last six seasons.
- As a team, Iowa State leads the Big 12 with 1.66 service aces per set. Tory Knuth is the Big 12’s top server with 0.45 aces per set, and Kristen Hahn leads the league with 5.70 digs per set.
- Senior libero Kristen Hahn has proven herself as one of the best players in the nation, and she has the stats to back it up with a team-high 268 digs at 5.70 digs per set, first in the Big 12 and eighth nationally.
- Hahn won her 14th career Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week award for her efforts agaisnt Baylor.
- Hahn has 53 straight matches with at lest 10 digs. Against San Diego, Hahn broke Ashley Mass’ previous school record for consecutive 10+ dig matches, which was 44 across the 2007-08 seasons.
About Kansas State
- The Kansas State Wildcats come into Wednesday’s match with a 13-3 overall record and a 1-2 record in Big 12 play.
- K-State got off the mark in Big 12 play with a five-set victory over TCU Saturday night in Manhattan. The Wildcats had lost at West Virginia and at home to Kansas prior to Saturday.
- Kaitlynn Pelger is the leader of the Wildcats, posting 23 kills, 11 digs and six blocks against TCU. Pelger leads K-State at 2.92 kills per set while also recording 2.53 digs per set, 1.02 blocks per set and 0.37 aces per set (third in the Big 12).
- Taylor Johnson had a strong night against the Horned Frogs, posting 18 kills at a .441 hitting clip. She has been averaging 2.06 kills per set and 1.31 blocks per set (fourth in the Big 12).
- Kansas State will continue to be without the services of outside hitter Lilla Porubek, who was averaging 2.33 kills and 1.63 digs per set before getting injured.
- Libero Tristan McCarty is 10th in the Big 12 with 3.20 digs per set.
- K-State is second in the Big 12 in blocking, averaging 2.76 blocks per set.
- Iowa State leads the all-time series 44-36 against Kansas State. The teams split last season with K-State sweeping at home before ISU got a four-set win later in the season in Ames.