*LIVE GAMEDAY BLOG: Iowa State (1-0, 0-0) vs. Iowa (1-0, 0-0)
Follow Cyclone Football Live from the Pressbox
Can't make it to the game? Follow Assistant Director for Athletics Communications, Matt Shoultz, as he blogs live from the Kinnick Stadium pressbox during Saturday's game. Fans can submit questions during the live game blog. You can see the blog recap vs. Iowa below.
Fan Reminders for Saturday's Football Game:
University of Iowa officials and law enforcement officers offer the following gate security reminders and recommendations for fans attending Saturday’s Iowa State vs. Iowa football game:
- Patrons should arrive as early as possible to avoid any delays entering the stadium. Gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff;
- Fans are discouraged from bringing bags, purses, and other containers into Kinnick Stadium. All bags will be thoroughly inspected at every gate, which delays access to the stadium. Bags larger than 8 1/2-by-11 inches in size will not be permitted;
- Any liquids or foods brought into the stadium, including water bottles, are subject to inspection at stadium gates. Sealed clear water bottles will continue to be permitted, but will be inspected to be certain they have not been opened. Water bottles are limited to one 32 ounce bottle per person, and food is limited to a one gallon bag per person.
Fans are again reminded of the following tailgating guidelines, which are being strictly enforced this year:
- Open alcoholic beverages must be consumed within parking areas, and cannot be taken outside of parking areas — including on public streets and sidewalks;
- Possession or consumption of hard liquor is not permitted in University parking areas or on public streets and sidewalks;
- Law enforcement will continue to conduct vehicle safety checkpoints at various locations around Iowa City, as announced each week by University Police.
Thursday, Sept. 9: Coordinators Break Down Iowa
The cyclones.com staff sat down with offensive coordinator Tom Herman and defensive coordinator Wally Burnham this week and got their take on the keys to beating Iowa. Click below to watch those interviews
Wednesday, Sept. 8: Player Interviews (Print and Broadcast Rooms)
Click the links below for interviews with Iowa State players previewing Saturday's game vs. Iowa, conducted Monday. Select Cyclone players meet with both broadcast and print media in different rooms (thus different questions and answers.)
Tuesday, Sept. 7: Iowa State-Northern Illinois Game Replay and Paul Rhoads Show
We just finished uploading the first and second halves of the Iowa State-Northern Illinois game as well as the first installment of the Paul Rhoads Show. Clone Zone members can now login and watch anytime on-demand.
ABC/ESPN has released a coverage map for Saturday's game at Iowa. Click the link below to see that PDF. Ninety-three percent of the country will get the game on ESPN2, while the other 7 percent will get it on ABC. ESPN2 will have a "reverse mirror," meaning those that live in the areas in YELLOW, will get Oklahoma vs. Florida State on ABC and Iowa State vs. Iowa on ESPN2. We'll have ar replay of Thursday's game vs. Northern Illinois as well as this week's Paul Rhoads' Show up on Clone Zone later this afternoon.
The Iowa State Athletics Communications department just released an updated depth chart and game notes for Saturday's matchup with Iowa. Click the links below to see those PDF's. Click the embedded video below to see an archive of Paul Rhoads' weekly media conference, previewing the Iowa game. Missed Monday night's Applebee's CYdlines Show? Clone Zone audio members can click here to hear a replay of it.
>> Monday: Paul Rhoads Live Weekly Media Conference | LIVE @ 11:30 a.m.
>> Monday: Applebee's CYdlines Show, 6:30 - 8 p.m. | Cyclone Radio Network, Clone Zone online audio
>> Tuesday: Cyclone Express Replay Show/Paul Rhoads Show vs. Northern Illinois
>> Wednesday: Player Interviews, Pre-Iowa
>> Thursday: Wally Burnham and Tom Herman Break Down Iowa
Special Information from Iowa State and U of I officials regarding parking Saturday:
- CONSTRUCTION: There is construction of a new bridge over Clear Creek near the corner of US Highway 6 and Hayden Fry Way (First Avenue in Coralville). Fans will experience delays if they choose this route.
Featured Video: Highlights vs. Northern Illinois
Click the embedded video player below for highlights of Iowa State's 27-10 win over Norhern Illinois Thursday.