Cyclones Host No. 9 Baylor On Senior Night
NOTES | HOIBERG NEWSCONFERENCE
AMES, Iowa - The Iowa State men's basketball team plays host to No. 9 Baylor on Saturday at 6 p.m. A sold-out Hilton Coliseum crowd will watch the final home game of two Cyclone seniors: Scott Christopherson and Chris Allen.
Who: Iowa State (21-9, 11-6) vs. Baylor (25-5, 12-5)
Where: Ames, Iowa - Hilton Coliseum (14,376)
When: Saturday, March 3, 6 p.m. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (PxP), Eric Heft (Color)
TV: CTN/ESPN3/Clone Zone
Talent: B.J. Schaben (PxP), Paul Doerrfeld (Color)
Affiliates: WOI (Des Moines/Ames), KCRG 9.3 (Cedar Rapids/Waterloo), WHBF (Quad Cities), KCAU (Sioux City), Mediacom (Mason City/Ottumwa/Keokuk)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at cyclones.com.
Live Blog: Mike Green, associate director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.
- Iowa State (21-9, 11-6) will play host to No. 9 Baylor (25-5, 12-5) on Saturday in the regular-season finale...the winner wraps up the No. 3 seed at the Big 12 Championship.
- Iowa State has never lost to Baylor in Hilton Coliseum, owning a 9-0 mark.
- Saturday will be the final home game for two Cyclone seniors: Scott Christopherson and Chris Allen...ISU has won nine of its last 13 Senior Day games.
- Christopherson is arguably the greatest shooter in school history...the 3-year starter is ISU's all-time leader in career 3-point percentage (44.6/190-426 3FG) and he currently leads the Big 12 in 3-point percentage in overall games (46.8) and league play (52.2).
- Allen has made a 3-pointer in 19-straight games, the fourth-best streak in school history, and his 69 3-pointers on the year ranks ninth on ISU's single-season record chart.
- Allen and Christopherson both reached the 1,000-point milestone in their senior seasons...Allen has 1,179 career points and Christopherson has scored 1,067 points.
- Iowa State has 270 treys this year, five shy from the school mark (275) set last season.