Iowa State Seniors Going Out In Style
AMES, Iowa- Saturday's Iowa State game vs. No. 9 Baylor will be the final home game for Cyclone seniors Scott Christopherson and Chris Allen. Both have been key components to the Cyclones' success this season and their leadership and experience will be extremely missed.
A native of LaCrosse, Wis., Christopherson has been a staple in the Iowa State lineup since getting his first starting nod at Texas Tech in his sophomore season (2009-10). Since then, Christopherson has established himself as one of the greatest shooters in school history.
He is the most accurate 3-point shooter in school history (44.6/190-426) and has the Iowa State record for most consecutive games with a 3-pointer at 35. Christopherson, who became the 29th member of the Iowa State 1,000-point club last Saturday vs. Kansas State, currently leads the Big 12 in 3-point percentage (46.8) and free-throw percentage (89.9). He has 190 career 3-pointers, tying for second all-time in school history.
- Academic All-Big 12 First Team (2012).
- Iowa State's career leader in 3-point FG percentage at 44.6 percent (190-426 3FG), ranking 2nd all-time in Big 12 history.
- Has the school record for consecutive games with a 3-pointer at 35.
- Made 190 3-pointers in his Iowa State career to tie for second all-time in school history.
- Has 56 games in his career with multiple 3-pointers made, including 17 this year.
- Has nine 20-point games in his career.
- Leads the Big 12 in 3-point percentage, making 46.8 percent (59-126 3FG).
- His season 46.8 pct. clip from downtown is on pace to rank second in school history.
- One of only two Cyclones in school history to record 40 or more treys in three seasons.
- In league play, leads the Big 12 in 3-point percentage at 52.2 pct. (36-69 3FG).
- Leads the Big 12 and ranks sixth nationally in free-throw pct. (89.9 pct./80-89 FT), which is on pace to rank third all-time in school history.
- Shares the school record for best 3-point percentage in a game, going 5-of-5 from beyond the arc two times in his career (Drake- 2010; Kansas State- 2012).
- Has 1,067 points in his career and 1,043 points at ISU to rank 26th in career scoring at ISU.
- Is a career 85.5 pct. shooter from the free-throw line at ISU (147-172 FT), ranking fourth all-time in Iowa State history.
A native of Lawrenceville, Ga., Allen has been one of the Big 12's top marksmen in 2011-12. Allen leads the team and ranks sixth in the Big 12 in 3-pointers per game (2.3), drilling 69 treys to rank ninth all-time on Iowa State's single-season list.
Allen has four 20-point games on the season, including a career-high 25 points vs. Texas A&M. He's also made a 3-pointer in 19-straight games, the fourth-best streak in school history. Allen, who has scored 1,179 points in his four-year career, including three years at Michigan State, has 210 3-pointers in his career.
- Academic All-Big 12 Second Team (2012).
- Made a trey in 28 games and in 19-straight, the fourth-best streak in ISU history.
- Leads team in 3-pointers with 69, ranking 6th in the Big 12 and 97th nationally in 3-FG pg (2.3).
- His 69 treys ranks ninth on ISU's season chart.
- In Big 12 play, is third in the league in 3FG per game (2.5) and fourth in 3FG pct. (41.0 pct.).
- Made two or more 3-pointers 19 times this year.
- Been in double figures in scoring 20 times and has four 20-point outings.
- Named Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Feb. 13 after averaging 23.5 points during the week.
- Has 210 treys in his career.
- Joined the 1,000-point club vs. Texas A&M and has recorded 1,179 points in his career.
Christopherson and Allen recently sat down with cyclones.com to reflect on their Cyclone careers. Click on the play button on the photo above or the embedded media player below to watch a special tribute to Iowa State's two seniors.
Scott Christopherson and Chris Allen Reflect on Cyclone Careers