Iowa State Prepares For Big 12 Championship
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State (21-10, 11-7), the No. 5 seed, will battle No. 4 seed Oklahoma (20-10, 11-7) in the quarterfinals of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship, March 14 in Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center) at 11:30 a.m.
Where: Kansas City, Mo. - Sprint Center (18,972)
When: Thursday, March 14, 11:30 a.m. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (PxP), Eric Heft (Color)
Talent: Brent Musburger (PxP), Fran Fraschilla (Color)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at big12sports.com.
Live Blog: Mike Green, associate director of athletics communications, will be holding a live blog during the game at Cyclones.com. Fans are encouraged to participate in the blog by asking questions.
- Iowa State (21-10, 11-7), the No. 5 seed, will battle No. 4 seed Oklahoma (20-10, 11-7) in the quarterfinals of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship, March 14 in Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center) at 11:30 a.m.
- The winner of the game will face Kansas or West Virginia/Texas Tech on Friday in the semifinals at 6:30 p.m.
- The Cyclones have not won a Big 12 Championship game since a 77-57 victory over Baylor in the 2005 Big 12 Championship in Kansas City (Kemper Arena), losing seven-straight conference tournament games.
- ISU is 0-4 in games played at the Sprint Center, falling to Texas A&M, 60-47 in 2008, Texas, 82-75 in 2010, Colorado, 77-75 in 2011 and Texas, 71-65 in 2012.
- Iowa State is the nation's leader in 3-pointers per game (10.0) and total 3-pointers made (309). ISU has made 10 or more 3-pointers in 11 of its last 13 games and its 309 treys on the season sets a new single-season school record (293: 2011-12).
- ISU has five players with 30 or more 3-pointers- Tyrus McGee (87), Korie Lucious (60), Chris Babb (59), Will Clyburn (36), Georges Niang (33)- and connected on 10 or more 3-pointers in 13 of 18 Big 12 games, averaging 10.6 3-pointers per game in league play to lead the conference.
- The Big 12 record for 3-pointers made per game in a season is 9.5 (2002- Nebraska) and the overall Big 12 mark for most treys in a season is 327 (2009- Oklahoma State).
- Iowa State leads the Big 12 and ranks fourth nationally in scoring at 80.1.
- ISU is one of three teams nationally with five players averaging double figures in scoring (Missouri, N.C. State).