Basketball Practice Facility Update - Feb. 8, 2009
AMES, Iowa - Construction crews continue to make significant progress this winter to Iowa State's $8 million basketball practice facility, located on two acres of land on the west side of Ames. Since the last update, crews have hung steel framing around both practice gyms.
The facility is located near the interesection of Mortensen Road and South Dakota Avenue. The land was donated to the Iowa State University Foundation for the facility by local developer Dickson Jensen. The facility is tenatively scheduled to be completed in Sept. 2009.
Click the links below to watch a short video of construction progress, taken Friday, Feb. 6, as well as a photo gallery. Links to previous updates are also available.
- Total floor space of 36,000 square feet
- Separate 10,000-square foot practice gymnasiums for each program
- Separate player lounges and locker rooms
- State-of-the-art theatre room for viewing game video
- Medical treatment area
- Coaches’ offices and conference rooms