FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2016 - INFORMATIONAL MEETING - 7:00 AM
BERGSTROM FOOTBALL COMPLEX – Team Room
Enter the main doors which are located on the Northeast side of the complex.
BRING: PEN/PENCIL TO COMPLETE PAPERWORK
* Meeting will start promptly at 7:00AM.
Those reporting late will not be admitted into the meeting and will not be considered.
Tryouts for those invited will take place on Monday Feb.22 at 9:00AM
The walk-on tryouts are for Iowa State students only. High school students are not eligible to tryout. In order to tryout, you will need to do the following:
1) You must be enrolled as a full-time student at IOWA STATE UNIVERISTY (12+ credit hours). You will need to carry above a 2.75 cumulative GPA and meet the progress towards degree percentage set by your academic program.
2) Complete all medical information (click here).
3) Must have updated physical (click here). There must be official documentation from a physician clearing you for football participation. Must have all lab work completed including sickle cell testing (NCAA Requirement).
4) You must present proof of current health insurance coverage. Please have a copy of your insurance card (front & back of insurance card) with you at meeting.
5) You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Please check your account at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org to ensure you have Division I Amateur Qualifier status. If not, please complete all tasks prior to the meeting. You will be asked to provide your NCAA ID # at the meeting.
* If you are invited to join the team after tryouts, you cannot have classes scheduled Monday-Friday before 10:00 AM, as they will conflict with practice.
* There are no guarantees, as we select walk-ons on a “need basis” only. However, as long as you meet all the above requirements, you will have the ability to tryout.
* Any walk-ons added to the roster are on a trial basis only and are subject to academic review weekly.
Please contact Mitchell Moore (Director of IOWA High School Relations) at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and/or concerns regarding Walk-On Tryouts.