Clone Zone live programming and archived video can only be utilized through a high-speed Internet connection of 300kbps, such as cable, DSL, or satellite. If your connection to the Internet is by dial-up modem or is slower than a DSL connection, you will not be able to watch Clone Zone media. A DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection is required.
Also be sure that you have the most up-to-date Windows and Media Player by visiting http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. Here you will have access to all critical updates, service packs, and recommended updates.
In addition to having a high-speed Internet connection, your computer should meet or exceed the following recommended system requirements:
Pentium class system running at 600 Mhz or better.
You must have Internet Explorer Version 5.5 or higher to access content in the Clone Zone.
To effectively use the pages on the Clone Zone, your screen resolution should be set at 800 x 600 pixels or higher. If you can see the entire width of the site without scrolling horizontally, your resolution is set appropriately. If not, please adjust the resolution setting on your computer.
Some important elements of the site utilize Macromedia's Flash software, version 6.0 or higher. If you do not have at least Flash 6.0, you will be unable to effectively navigate the site. (Fortunately, it comes pre-installed in nearly all modern-day browsers.)
In order to hear the audio components of our films and animations, your computer must be equipped with a 16-bit or better sound card and speakers
For live events, you must have a Docsis compliant modem to receive the Multicast from the Clone Zone. NOTE: The MOTOROLA :CYBERSURFER is not a Docsis compliant modem, and - at this time - will not receive the multicast. If you have related issues with the modem, please consult with your manufacturer for assistance.
You may have difficulties accessing all Clone Zone content, specifically "Live Multicasts". If that is the case, you may need to consult your router manufacturer for support receiving multicasting. Or as an alternitive, connect the cable modem to a single PC. Your internet provider will not be responsible for any networking related issues resulting from such attempts.
Some types of firewalls may prevent viewing live events on the Clone Zone. Please consult the Firewall manufacturer or Documentation for specific instructions on how to configure your firewall to allow multicast information through.
The video doesn't look very good.
When viewing video, you can select the speed at which the video will be accessed from your computer. Depending on the high-speed Internet provider, lower speeds may need to be utilized. If you are still having related issues, please consult with your hardware/software manufacturer first for further assistance as this will only ensure an optimal Clone Zone experience.
I cannot view the content:
- There may be an error with your browser. Try closing the browser, reopening it, and accessing it again.
- Your Internet Service Provider may be experiencing problems with its service. If you cannot view other pages, and if the problem persists, you should contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Problem with your router. You may have to consult your router manufacturer for support receiving multicasting. Or as an alternative, connect the Cable modem to a single PC. Your internet provider will not be responsible for any networking related issues resulting from such attempts.
- Problem with your Firewalls. Some types of firewalls may prevent viewing live events on Clone Zone. Please consult the Firewall manufacturer or Documentation for specific instructions on how to configure your firewall to allow multicast information through.
- If you still experience any further ISP outages, private network related issues, hardware or software related problems, please consult with your personal manufacturer first for further assistance as this will only ensure an optimal Clone Zone experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Customer Care teams are NOT trained A+ PC technicians or Network Engineers. If you believe this to be a Iowa State University web site development related issue, please submit a support ticket through our Customer Care and Support online here.
I'm running Netscape and your site loads very slow.
Older versions of Netscape do not handle some of the newer web technologies efficiently. Netscape 4.x versions have issues with style sheets for example. The site will not run on Netscape version 4.51. Other versions of Netscape in the 4.x series should run the site, but it will most likely be very slow. You can fix this by upgrading your Netscape browser version 6 or higher.