The $13 million Cyclone Sports Complex, the home of Iowa State track and field, soccer and softball opened in the fall of 2012.
Located at the intersection of Mortensen Road and Welch Avenue, the facility brings numerous new amenities for the Cyclones and their fans to enjoy. On-site restrooms, a concession stand, home and away locker rooms, officials' locker rooms, team meeting rooms, an athletic training room, a press box, bleachers and a scoreboard are among the new features that make it a state-of-the-art facility.
The soccer facility has a seating capacity of 1,500 and provide fans with a whole new game experience. The parking lot located just west of the facility will be open on game days an hour before and after matches for fans to utilize. Parking is free on game day.
View Larger Map
>> Photo Album
- BSS 2000 Hobart Texture Track Surface
- 4 long jump/triple jump runways
- 2 pole vault areas
- 152,000 square feet/3.5 acres of throws space
>> Map to Cyclone Sports Complex
From Highway 30:
- Turn west on Highway 30 in to Ames
- Take the University Boulevard exit and turn right off the exit on to University Boulevard (exit 146).
- Take a left at the first light onto Mortensen Parkway
- After approximately a quarter mile, the Cyclone Sports Complex will be on your right.