Cyclone Golf Performance Center
Iowa State proudly boasts one of the nation’s finest on-campus collegiate golf facilities with the Cyclone Golf Performance Center at the Veenker Memorial Golf Course. The Performance Center provides the Cyclone golfers the access to a state-of-the-art practice facility 365 days a year.
The Cyclone Golf Performance Center includes the following:
- Four separate heated bays for year-round practice
- Teaching center equipped with V1 video analysis and high speed cameras
- Putting lab utilizing TOMI software
- Short game area for putting and chipping
- Pro turf hitting surfaces
- Golf-specific fitness equipment
Iowa State University has access to one of the nation’s truly outstanding on-campus collegiate golf courses and practice facilities. Conveniently located two blocks from the ISU campus, George Veenker Memorial Golf Course is a par-72 championship course which plays host to the Iowa Masters tournament annually.
Veenker Memorial Golf Course and Practice Area
Constructed in 1938, Veenker was designed by world-renowned golf course architect and designer Perry Maxwell, who erected championship courses Southern Hills (Tulsa, Okla.) and Prairie Dunes (Hutchinson, Kan.), as well as redesigning the seventh and 10th holes at Augusta National Golf Club in 1937.
Veenker Golf Course Quick Facts:
- Hosted 1949 NCAA Men’s Golf Championships
- Big Eight Women’s Conference Championship (1982, 1989)
- Annual site of the Iowa Masters Championship
- Rated as the sixth-best public golf course in the state of Iowa by Golf Digest
- Newly renovated bent grass fairways and greens in 2008
The practice area at Veenker offers players the opportunity to practice all aspects of their game and it was significantly enhanced in 2008 with the construction of a short game practice area exclusively designed for the men’s and women’s golf teams.
The Veenker practice facility includes the following:
- Cyclone Golf short game area
- Multiple teeing areas
- Practice bunkers
- Two putting greens
- Lighting for evening practice